Dashboarding & Analytics
Challenge: too many disconnected tools, systems, and devices
Utilities today are faced with enormous pressure to adapt to an extensive set of demands, regulations, requirements, and changes. However, most suffer from having far too much siloed data, disconnected systems, and proprietary devices. Current reporting tools provide fragmented information and often take hours or days to process – making it difficult to make the right decisions quickly or gain a unified view of energy.
The solution: Unified Analytics and Control
EIS Insight utilizes the unique integration capabilities provided by Calico’s Enterprise Service Bus to rapidly mine information from a broad range of data sources, devices, and applications throughout an energy ecosystem – including weather, real-time pricing feeds, loads, remote generation, mapping data, baselines, grid infrastructure, and demographics. This includes legacy data from existing utility systems, such as customer information systems, SCADA, weather, billing, AMI, and MDM. As a result, utilities are able to fully understand consumption, quantify the impact of rates and programs, and identify the need for upcoming load management events.
EIS Insight provides an interactive visual display that allows utility staff across operational groups to layer and compare diverse data sets in a configurable dashboard. As a result, utilities can discover new opportunities to optimize energy, reduce costs, and quantify the impact of energy management programs.
With Calico’s solution, power providers can explore "what if" scenarios and adjust variables incrementally to identify new opportunities for optimizing energy throughout their distribution infrastructure. Based on these insights, Operators can then implement a broad range of demand side management strategies and operational improvements with Calico’s OpCenter™ module and rapid, two-way device communication.
Designed for speed to enable dynamic energy management. Rather than cueing up a report and having to wait hours for it to process, EIS Insight provides Operators the ability to view data from devices, engines, and applications in near real time. In addition, predictive analytics add the capacity to model programs, management strategies, and reports in a matter of minutes.
Program Managers can quickly and easily integrate virtually any salient data into their analysis – including weather, real-time pricing feeds, loads, remote generation, mapping data, baselines, grid infrastructure, and demographics. As a result, utilities are able to fully understand consumption and identify the need for upcoming load management events.
- EIS OpCenter™, the command-and-control center of the platform, which allows energy providers to obtain real-time insights, manage load, and improve operational efficiency through centralized analytics, forecasting, and Demand Side Management. With OpCenter, utilities can create, test, execute, and fine-tune an extensive range of energy programs, including: Demand Side Management, EV Charge Management, rates, baseline management, energy efficiency, and customer engagement.
- EIS Platform Services™, the data infrastructure, logic processing, and analytics engine of the platform. This module includes an Enterprise Service Bus that stores, serves, and responds to requests from all other components in an energy data ecosystem. EIS Platform Services securely exchanges data with EIS modules and external systems, communicates control signals, and fuels advanced analytics and forecasting by collecting and aggregating data from siloed systems throughout the enterprise.
- Optional Integration with an extensive set of data streams, engines, devices, and applications, to provide centralized data and insight throughout the enterprise.
- (Optional) EIS BusinessSMART™, a powerful energy management solution that enables energy efficiency, demand response, device control and energy analytics for business, commercial, and industrial companies.
- (Optional) EIS HomeSMART™, a home energy management web application that provides residential consumers with an intuitive and affordable solution for energy efficiency, demand response, and home automation. Through a computer, IHD, or mobile device, Consumers can view electricity, water, and gas usage; participate in utility rates and DSM programs; and control energy use in their home. HomeSMART includes configurable “fix it and forget it” control strategies which automate energy savings for the consumer, predictive bill estimation, energy alerts and comparisons; and an action-oriented user interface to maximize control and savings.
Quantify and Validate
- Quantify and validate the impact of energy management programs – including load control, DR, and load shifting – and incent customers based on event performance.
- Surgically limit load reduction to a specific subsection of their distribution infrastructure, and utilize predictive analytics to identify the most cost-effective events.
- Layer and compare diverse data sets in a configurable dashboard.
- Discover new opportunities to optimize energy, reduce costs, and quantify the impact of energy management programs.
Dynamically manage energy
- View data from devices, engines, and applications in near real time.
- Model programs, management strategies, and reports in a matter of minutes.
For additional information on our solutions, and a no-cost consultation, please or call us at (425) 440-0201. We look forward to speaking with you!